GENEVA CAPITAL GROUP
A Midwest real estate finance company
specializing in commercial real estate.
Founded by real estate industry veterans, Geneva leverages the synergy of four decades of experience in commercial real estate finance with our broad range of bank and private capital partners to offer our clients solutions for funding real estate transactions.
Geneva works with our borrowers to enable them to meet both their short and long-term financing goals. Geneva also understands lenders’ needs, and that understanding greatly increases our ability to negotiate successful loan transactions that benefit both borrowers and lenders.
We work closely with a vast network of bank and private lenders and have the experience and expertise to structure desirable financing solutions for all parties in a transaction.
Access To Reliable Capital
We have access to dedicated capital looking to fund a construction loan, an acquisition, or the refinance of an existing project throughout the Midwest.
We look for ways to help our borrowers accomplish their goals by negotiating favorable solutions through our funding programs.
REAL ESTATE FINANCE
Geneva Capital Group (Geneva) is a leader in innovative commercial real estate financing solutions.
Products & Services
1. Bank Syndication Loan Program
- All real estate types
- Construction and term loans
- Transaction size: $5M-$50M
- Typical terms
Construction: up to 75% LTC, prime rate floating during construction, terms from 18-30 months, converting to 250-350 bps over 3-5 year treasuries for 3-5 year mini perms
Term: up to 75% LTC, 250-350 bps over the like term treasury for fixed rates up to 5 years, typically amortized over 25 years
- Commercial real estate construction and term loans provided direct by Geneva through our bank syndication program where Geneva originates, closes, and services these loans directly to the borrower.
2. Private Fund Construction Loan Program
- All real estate types
- Transaction size: $25M to over $100M
- Typical terms: up to 90% LTC, rates of LIBOR/SOFR plus 3.5 – 7.5%, floating for terms of 24-36 months
- Commercial real estate construction loans for larger transactions over $50 million where borrower needs an aggressive advance. Geneva will bring in one of our private funding partners to commit to the full funding along with our bank group funding part of the loan thereby giving the borrower one source for the entire debt stack.
3. Permanent (Long Term) Loan Program
- CMBS: up to 75% LTV, 5-10 years, non-recourse, fixed rate, amortized over up to 30 years
- Insurance company: up to 65% LTV at very competitive fixed rates for terms up to 15 years, amortized over 15-30 years
- Long term non-recourse fixed rates for up to 10 years, amortized over 25 to 30 years – Transaction Size – $3 to $100 million or higher with cash out for stabilized commercial real estate properties.
4. Private Fund Bridge Loan Program
- Real Estate Types: Transitional Real Estate, Value Add, Acquisition, Rehab, and Bridge
- Targeted Project Size: $3M-$50M
- Typical Terms: 65%-75% LTV, 75%-80% LTC, 5.5%-10% Rate, 1-3 Year Senior Loan Terms, Non-Recourse / Partial Recourse
- Borrowers Need To Display: Established and Successful Track Record
- Private funding for transitional real estate properties looking to stabilize for 12-48 month terms. Transaction sizes ranging from $3 to $50 million or higher.
Geneva is a direct originator, underwriter, syndicator, closer, and servicer of commercial real estate loans. Given this, Geneva understands all facets of the real estate lending business and has 32+ years of experience.
APARTMENTS | NEW CONSTRUCTION | UPTOWN 500 | $105,000,000
HOSPITALITY | RENOVATION | DELTA BY MARRIOTT HOTEL | $23,000,000
GARDEN APARTMENTS | NEW CONSTRUCTION | Sixteen30 | $63,000,000
APARTMENTS CO-OP | RENOVATION | EDGEWATER BEACH APARTMENTS | $16,000,000
INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION | NEW CONSTRUCTION | PEPSI DISTRIBUTION FACILITY | $52,000,000
HIGH RISE CONDOS, OFFICE, RETAIL | NEW CONSTRUCTION | JOFFREY TOWER | $98,000,000
OFFICE | NEW CONSTRUCTION | INTECH TEN OFFICE BUILDING | $35,000,000
MIXED-USE, RESIDENTIAL, RETAIL | ACQUISITION | RIVER EAST MIXED USE | $45,000,000
SENIOR HOUSING | NEW CONSTRUCTION | HAMILTON TRACE | $22,000,000
APARTMENTS | NEW CONSTRUCTION | MAPLE STREET LOFTS | $60,000,000
HIGH RISE HOUSING | NEW CONSTRUCTION | ASTORIA TOWER | $90,000,000
TOWNHOMES | NEW CONSTRUCTION | THE MANSIONS OF PRAIRIE PLACE | $25,000,000
Wayne Massey is the Founder of Geneva and has been working in the finance industry since 1974. Mr. Massey formed Geneva in 1989 after recognizing the need of small to mid-sized lending institutions to access meaningful, high quality commercial real estate financing opportunities. Under Mr. Massey’s leadership, Geneva has established a syndication network of 50+ institutions and investors and has provided over $3 billion in financing for 900+ commercial real estate projects across the United States.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Bob Williams began working at Geneva in 2008. He has worked in and been a consultant to the commercial real estate industry since 1979. With Geneva, Bob manages all aspects of the loan portfolio including structuring and administration. He works with developers, contractors, brokers, and government authorities to successfully complete the various projects that Geneva is involved in. Bob also oversees all of the Geneva companies financial statements as well as all ongoing accounting.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, INDIANA
Steve Beck has been with Geneva Capital Group since 2007 and has over 52 years of banking, real estate financing, and investment experience. Steve runs our Indiana office working with a variety of clients and industry professionals in formulating opportunities and assisting our customers in meeting their financing requirements.
SENIOR MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE, CHICAGO
Brent Connell joined Geneva in 2018 having spent time in the community banking world as an SVP running their loan departments. Additionally, he founded a private advisory group with two others to provide strategic advisement to 50+ community banks across the U.S., and had a stint with private investment fund in NYC.